2016-02-16 05:22:35 UTC
release a first version of a new bridge that allows AirPlay devices to
be used as is they were regular LMS players. Compared to my other
bridges, it brings replaygain, gapless, fading (in/out/cross) and ...
what was the most important for me: synchronization with other LMS
- It does decode mp3, flac, aac, pcm and aif, do the resample and then
send the audio in the AirPlay expected format.
- It consumes 5~7% of CPU for a raspi 2B per active AirPlay device
- There are Windows, Linux x86 (32 and 64 bits) and ARM, OSX
- It can run on LMS or on another computer on your network (for
example you can dedicate a raspi as the bridge and forget about it)
- You need to add firewall rules to let squeeze2raop (-win or -x86 or
-x86_64 or -armv6hf) open the ports he needs (and they are dynamic).
In Windows, just set a rule to authorize squeeze2raop-win.exe (in the
plugin cache directory)
The stable repository is
and the dev one is
Once you have started the plugin, allow 15-60s for players to appear.
For synchronisation, you need to adjust once your player delay in the
LMS player settings (not in the plugin setting page). Once you have
found the right delay, it should be pretty stable (I never had to adjust
mine on my 2 players, they are 375ms) - I've added a quick manual ...
have a look at it
Other notes :
- If the player seems to be un-responsive, before
de-activating/re-activating the whole plugin, you can try to switch it
off then back on in LMS
- One of my player takes a lot of time to start playing (>5s and volume
changes interrupt playback - itunes gives the same result, so I assume
this is a player problem. So be patient if the volume does not comes
right after playback. Other players will start and when this one joins
the group, it will be in sync
- This is still early phase and was much more complicated than what I
was expecting at the begining, so please be patient with me :)
LMS 7.7.5 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos 2xPLAY:1,
PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBMC, Foobar2000, XBoxOne,
JRiver 21, Chromecast Audio, Chromecast v1, Pi B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+,
philippe_44's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=17261
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=105198