Rasperry Pi + 2.8" Display+ Squeezeplay = not working :(
CyberDannen
2014-06-08 08:49:40 UTC
Hi there,

I'm sitting at my Raspberry and try get up and running SqueezePlay. I
have buy the RPi display - 2.8 "touch display (320x240) RPi-Display and
boot with the rasbian Image from the manufacturer
(https://github.com/watterott/RPi-Display) and install
(SqueezePlay-7.8.0-337-armhf.tgz) SqueezePlay. It starts but stays at
the initial image stuck. It also seems the resolution of 320x240 not to
display properly. Did you maybe tips for me, how do I get SqueezePlay on
the display to work?

Sorry for my english :)

Big thx

CyberDannen

CyberDannen's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=62886
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=101678
ralphy
2014-06-08 15:47:46 UTC
Post by CyberDannen
Hi there,
I'm sitting at my Raspberry and try get up and running SqueezePlay. I
have buy the RPi display - 2.8 "touch display (320x240) RPi-Display and
boot with the rasbian Image from the manufacturer
(https://github.com/watterott/RPi-Display) and install
(SqueezePlay-7.8.0-337-armhf.tgz) SqueezePlay. It starts but stays at
the initial image stuck. It also seems the resolution of 320x240 not to
display properly. Did you maybe tips for me, how do I get SqueezePlay on
the display to work?
Sorry for my english :)
Big thx
CyberDannen
The default touch skin is 480x272, to use a different resolution, you'll
need to modify the skin, or find a skin which matches your display.

Deleting the $HOME/.squeezeplay folder while squeezeplay is NOT running
sometimes fixes hanging on startup.

I'd suggest using the root user to run squeezeplay if you're not.

There's also a newer X armhf build r417 available on my squeezebox
client downloads site, see my signature for the link, which has lots of
alsa enhancements and fixes.

See the i386.readme file for install details for the .deb package, it's
the same for armhf. Please delete /opt/squeezeplay before installing
either the tar file or package, backing up any changes first.

There is also jivelite and squeezelite that you can try if you can't get
squeezeplay working.

Ralphy

*1*-Touch, *4*-Classics, *2*-Booms, *1*-Reverted UE Radio
'Squeezebox client builds'
(https://www.mediafire.com/folder/4q8dvq20iyz9e/Builds) 'donations'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=LL5P6365KQEXN&lc=CA&item_name=Squeezeslave&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHosted)
always appreciated.
ralphy's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=3484
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=101678
CyberDannen
2014-06-08 16:30:50 UTC
Thx for this information, If have delete the old version und install
yours. And I found a Skin for 320x240. I copy the files into
"/opt/squeezeplay/share/jive/applets/" and start squeezeplay at root.
But I became following Message and the display stops at initscreen "free
your music" (at wrong esolution :( )

Is it posible to select the Skin from the command line ?

Error:
./squeezeplay.sh: Zeile 50: 2432 Speicherzugriffsfehler ./jive

I used this skin, from Keeze( 2013-12-10, 07:29 ) at the thread
"JiveLite - cut down squeezeboxcontrol application"

ralphy
2014-06-08 18:08:55 UTC
Post by CyberDannen
Thx for this information, If have delete the old version und install
yours. And I found a Skin for 320x240. I copy the files into
"/opt/squeezeplay/share/jive/applets/" and start squeezeplay at root.
But I became following Message and the display stops at initscreen "free
your music" (at wrong esolution :( )
Is it posible to select the Skin from the command line ?
./squeezeplay.sh: Zeile 50: 2432 Speicherzugriffsfehler ./jive
I used this skin, from Keeze( 2013-12-10, 07:29 ) at the thread
"JiveLite - cut down squeezeboxcontrol application"
The segmentation fault could be from the new skin as I've been using
squeezeplay on my rpi all morning without issue.

I believe jivelite and squeezeplay have different initialization
requirements for skins.

CyberDannen
2014-06-08 18:24:52 UTC
I have installed Jivelite and Squeezelite. But wenn I start Jivelite I
become this mesage: "Speicherzugriffsfehler" and I see the initscreen at
a wrong resolution but no more.

CyberDannen
2014-06-15 12:10:42 UTC
now on a LCD Monitor via HDMI I can start Squeezeplay. It seems like a
problem with the image and the Display driver at the 2,8" Display :(

If sameone have time or ideas for a resean, please feel free to write it
down :)

CyberDannen
2014-07-15 16:07:08 UTC
The manufacturer has helped me and now starts SqueezePlay via mirror the
HDMI (fbcp) to the Display.

There is still a problem that the touchpad is not properly set, and the
resolution or the scaling is not correct. Let's see if someone or I can
correct this :)

If anyone want to try it, download the image from
https://github.com/watterott/RPi-Display ....than

Code:
--------------------

#install Squeezeplay16154
wget http://squeezeslave.googlecode.com/files/squeezeplay_7.8.0~337_armhf.deb
sudo dpkg -i squeezeplay_7.8.0~337_armhf.deb
sudo chmod u+s /opt/squeezeplay/bin/jive_alsa
#start HDMI Clone to Display
fbcp &
sudo /opt/squeezeplay/bin/squeezeplay.sh &
#switch back to HDMI only
killall fbcp

--------------------

If we start squeezeplay direct on the display there is a mamory error at
the init screen

Code:
--------------------
sudo SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb1 /opt/squeezeplay/bin/squeezeplay.sh &
--------------------

If someone maybe has an idea how to solve the resolution problem, please
report.

Big thx 4 Help 2 watterott

|Filename: 2014-07-15 18.01.25.jpg |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16154|

Roland0
2014-07-15 20:12:11 UTC
Post by CyberDannen
There is still a problem that the touchpad is not properly set, and the
resolution or the scaling is not correct. Let's see if someone or I can
correct this :)
There may be a resolution mismatch between your two framebuffers. Check
your syslog for lines like

Code:
--------------------

raspberrypi fbcp: Primary display is 720 x 480
raspberrypi fbcp: Second display is ....

--------------------

Not sure how fbcp handles such a situation, but since you start
squeezeplay on the main display (HDMI), it will use this display's
resolution...
Post by CyberDannen
Post by CyberDannen
sudo SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb1 /opt/squeezeplay/bin/squeezeplay.sh &
--------------------
Not exactly a lot of information to go on (e.g. what is the "init
screen", exactly? Does it bail out while starting jive, or during jive's
startup procedure? etc).
Anyway, make sure SDL_FBDEV is still set to /dev/fb1 when
/opt/squeezeplay/bin/jive_alsa is executed in squeezeplay.sh

[ extGUI4LMS - an alternative web interface: 'forum'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?98186-Announce-Alternative-Web-Interface-(beta))
/ 'homepage' (http://code.google.com/p/extgui4lms/) ]
Roland0's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=56808
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=101678
CyberDannen
2014-07-16 18:21:13 UTC
Here the syslog entries....

Code:
--------------------

Jul 14 18:34:53 raspberrypi fbcp[2260]: Primary display is 720 x 480
Jul 14 18:34:53 raspberrypi fbcp[2260]: Second display is 320 x 240 16bps

--------------------

I tried to change the HDMI mode via the boot / config.txt. But since I
can not set a resolution of 320x240.

OK, I have correct the lin in squeezeplay.sh from "./jive" to "sudo
SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb1 /opt/squeezeplay/bin/jive &"

Now i become a error by jive :(

Code:
--------------------

sudo SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb1 /opt/squeezeplay/bin/jive
/opt/squeezeplay/bin/jive: error while loading shared libraries: libtolua++.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

--------------------

at the Beginning it was this error at squeezeplay.sh:

Code:
--------------------

/opt/squeezeplay/bin/squeezeplay.sh: line 50: 4326 Segmentation fault ./jive

--------------------

I mean the Screen where is "Free your musix" as initscreent :)

Roland0
2014-07-16 19:01:14 UTC
Post by CyberDannen
I tried to change the HDMI mode via the boot / config.txt. But since I
can not set a resolution of 320x240.
Have you tried fbset instead?
Post by CyberDannen
sudo SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb1 /opt/squeezeplay/bin/jive
/opt/squeezeplay/bin/jive: error while loading shared libraries: libtolua++.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
--------------------
Now it's getting confusing - are you executing the script (1st case) or
the binary directly (2nd case, don't do that) ?

Anyway, revert your changes in squeezeplay.sh and instead insert
export SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb1
somwhere before
./jive

ralphy
2014-07-17 12:05:11 UTC
Post by CyberDannen
Now i become a error by jive :(
Code:
--------------------
Post by CyberDannen
sudo SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb1 /opt/squeezeplay/bin/jive
/opt/squeezeplay/bin/jive: error while loading shared libraries: libtolua++.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
--------------------
You must add

SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb1

to /opt/squeezeplay/bin/squeezeplay.sh script and run squeezeplay.sh not
jive directly for the libraries to be found.

CyberDannen
2014-07-17 19:14:51 UTC
Hi there,

have now tried the squeezeplay.sh with and without export

Code:
--------------------

export SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb1
#SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb1
./jive

--------------------

Last line...and no more

Code:
--------------------

20140717 18:48:48.708 INFO squeezeplay.ui.draw - jive_surface_set_video_mode:860 Video Setup for fullscreen

--------------------

With fbset I try to set the resolution to 320 x 240. Because the copy
from fb0 to fb1 is active, I only changed fb0 with:

Code:
--------------------

fbset -fb /dev/fb0 -g 320 240 320 240 16

--------------------

Without success.

Code:
--------------------

fbset -s
mode "320x240"
geometry 320 240 320 240 16
timings 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
rgba 5/11,6/5,5/0,0/16
endmode

--------------------

I will go on next weekend :)

CyberDannen
2014-07-18 18:04:17 UTC
Find no solution

:(

ronny_b
2014-12-22 17:35:18 UTC
Hello,

is there news? I have the same problem with the error
"/opt/squeezeplay/bin/squeezeplay.sh: line 50: 4326 Segmentation fault
./jive". :(

Thanks
Ronny

ronny_b's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=63750
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=101678
rippi46
2015-04-01 13:46:41 UTC
Hi,
use the LCDSkin.zip of massage 158 of this thread:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?98156-Announce-JiveLite-cut-down-squeezebox-control-application/page16

- put the files in /opt/squeezeplay/share/jive/applets/WQVGAsmallSkin
- remove WQVGAsmallSkinApplet.lua and WQVGAsmallSkinMeta.lua
- start /opt/squeezeplay/bin/squeezeplay.sh and now you have the right
Display 320x240

rippi46's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=63080
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=101678
Max2Play
2016-10-18 13:23:13 UTC
In case somebody is still looking for a good solution for this, we have
the Watterott 2,8" touchscreen compatible with our touchscreen image and
a fitting Jivelite skin to incorporate it into the Squeezebox system
from the first start. I actually made a 'detailed Instructable'
(http://www.instructables.com/id/Audio-Solution-with-Control-and-Visualization-on-a/)
on the combination and its use with Max2Play to show how easy it is to
set up.

Max2Play's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=66120
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=101678